What we do
The Commercial Architectural Service involves taking a client's brief then designing and managing the process of the delivery of a building.
It can be a new building, housing project, alterations, or conservation of an existing building.
The Service can be divided into specialist areas from feasibility studies, planning permission submissions, building warrant submissions, construction drawing packages, tender documentation and contract administration. Partial services may be appropriate if a project is not proceeding from start to finish as a whole.
We also offer a specialist architectural service where we act as Executive Architects. These tend to be on large scale projects working for concept architects, project managers and clients from outside Scotland, who are unable to deal with local planning or building control officers, or be on site to see a project through the build stage. We can manage the project,using our expertise to ensure the concept architect's design is realised with exacting precision. Click here for more detail about Executive Architecture.
We understand the importance of our relationship with you the client. The architectural process thrives on placing a high value on personal service. Clear roles, responsibilities and points of contact are set up. All concerns are taken seriously, whether about design, a cost matter or any other point.
- Feasibility StudiesThis service involves us helping you imagine what is possible for your project, and what you can build on your site within any parameters that may exist either physical or financial.Discover more >
- SurveysWe undertake basic measured surveys for commercial buildings and units.Discover more >
- PlansWe can draw up plans to cover any special elements needed for commercial builds, including Accessibility Plans, Lease Plans and Change of Use Plans.Discover more >
- Planning Applications and Pre-ApplicationsWe have considerable success with planning applications because we establish detailed design stories to present to planning authorities.Discover more >
- Building WarrantsEvery project needs a building warrant from the local authority, gained through submitting detailed technical drawings showing compliance with regulations.Discover more >
- Contract AdministrationWhile the project is under construction we administer a contract between the builder and the employer.Discover more >
- Commercial Interior DesignIf you require a stand-alone commercial interior design service, we can provide this. We offer this service with, or separate from, our Architecture Service.Discover more >
- 3D Digital ModellingWe create 3-dimensional digital models of our projects to enable you to visualise the building more easily.Discover more >
- Construction, Design, and Management (CDM) - Principal DesignerWe offer the new and required service of Principal Designer, to comply with Construction Design and Management Regulations of 2015.Discover more >