What we do
The Commercial Architectural Service involves taking a client's brief then designing and managing the process of the delivery of a building.
It can be a new building, housing project, alterations, or conservation of an existing building.
The Service can be divided into specialist areas from feasibility studies, planning permission submissions, building warrant submissions, construction drawing packages, tender documentation and contract administration. Partial services may be appropriate if a project is not proceeding from start to finish as a whole.
We also offer a specialist architectural service where we act as Executive Architects. These tend to be on large scale projects working for concept architects, project managers and clients from outside Scotland, who are unable to deal with local planning or building control officers, or be on site to see a project through the build stage. We can manage the project,using our expertise to ensure the concept architect's design is realised with exacting precision. Click here for more detail about Executive Architecture.
We understand the importance of our relationship with you the client. The architectural process thrives on placing a high value on personal service. Clear roles, responsibilities and points of contact are set up. All concerns are taken seriously, whether about design, a cost matter or any other point.
- Feasibility StudiesThis service involves us helping you imagine what is possible for your project, and what you can build on your site within any parameters that may exist either physical or financial.Discover more >
- SurveysWe undertake basic measured surveys for commercial buildings and units.Discover more >
- CGI, Visualisation & AnimationEvery project is different and has different requirements. We offer CGIs (computer generated images) and animations using CAD and 3D rendering techniques to help bring projects to life. To find out how to commision a CGI, Visualisation or Animation Contact us and we would be happy to go through the service with you.Discover more >
- PlansWe can draw up plans to cover any special elements needed for commercial builds, including Accessibility Plans, Lease Plans and Change of Use Plans.Discover more >
- Planning Applications and Pre-ApplicationsWe have considerable success with planning applications because we establish detailed design stories to present to planning authorities.Discover more >
- Building WarrantsEvery project needs a building warrant from the local authority, gained through submitting detailed technical drawings showing compliance with regulations.Discover more >
- Contract AdministrationWhile the project is under construction we administer a contract between the builder and the employer.Discover more >
- 3D Digital ModellingWe create 3-dimensional digital models of our projects to enable you to visualise the building more easily.Discover more >
- Construction, Design, and Management (CDM) - Principal DesignerWe offer the new and required service of Principal Designer, to comply with Construction Design and Management Regulations of 2015.Discover more >
- Commercial Interior ArchitectureThis is about total interior transformation, as part of a complete architectural service, or as a stand-alone service if you’re renovating an existing house.Discover more >
- Commercial Interior DesignSuccessful interior design is about much more than furnishings and decor. We look at the whole space, and make it work effectively in harmony with its surroundings.Discover more >