Our full architectural package involves everything from initial discussions, through design and planning, to the completed build, processed in RIBA-approved stages.
- Preparation and BriefWe get to know you, listen to your ideas, and discuss them. We formalise the brief for the project and reach consensus on the way forward.
- Concept DesignWe begin to design the project and offer options for you to discuss and approve. We use many tools to explore spaces and solutions, from free-hand sketching, to digital 3D modelling. Sometimes we use the extra service of Virtual Reality digital modelling, where required.
- Developed Design We refine the design and start a dialogue with the local authorities and apply for Planning Permission, plus conservation or listed building consents, where required.
- Technical – Building Warrant
We involve other consultants, eg engineers and quantity surveyors, and start detailed technical drawings in order to submit a Building Warrant application to the local authority, to ensure the building meets with Scottish Building Regulations.
- Technical – Construction DrawingsWe continue the involvement with other consultants, eg engineers and quantity surveyors, and produce in-depth technical drawings and coordinate information from the other consultants.
- Technical – Procurement
The tender package is produced normally in collaboration with the Quantity Surveyor. We choose and appoint a builder with you.
The project commences on site. We administer the building contract between you and your chosen builder on site.