Residential Architecture ServicesView our services
‘Their residential design is super and the house fits very well within its setting, as well as creating a beautiful, light family home. For us the creation of a very low energy house using sustainable architecture principles was key to the brief, and we appreciated Thomas Robinson's refreshing outlook in exploring sustainable building materials and construction approaches.’
What we do
Architecture is our core service. In our Residential Architecture Services, we aim to help our clients realise their dream environment, whether at work, rest or play, in a new home, extending an old home, at the office or a place of worship. We work from outside Glasgow and offer an architectural service throughout Scotland.
We specialise in various building types and design styles, from traditional architecture to contemporary Scottish design. We work on small and large individual houses and entire country estates, as well as conservation of listed buildings and homes.
How we do it
We endeavor to make the design process enjoyable and exciting as well as focussed and well informed. Our organised and defined operational processes mean we deliver projects efficiently, cost effectively and within an agreed timescale.
We are constantly learning and our technical excellence and impartial knowledge underpins our creativity. This means your design functions and performs within the criteria you set us, whether you want to extend an existing house, build a high-end new build home, conserve a listed stone building or design a modern energy-efficient sustainable home.
We understand the importance of our relationship with you. The architectural process thrives on placing a high value on personal service. We set up clear roles, responsibilities and points of contact. All concerns are taken seriously whether about a design feature, cost matter or any other point.
We have been in business since 1999 and have built highly effective partnerships with many contractors and consultants and can help you choose talented reliable contractors.
- Basic ProcessOur full architectural package involves everything from initial discussions, through design and planning, to the completed build, processed in RIBA-approved stages.Discover more >
- Feasibility StudiesThis service involves us helping you assess what is possible for your project, and what you can build within your budget.Discover more >
- SurveysMost building projects need surveys, from topographical ground surveys, to dimensional measured building surveys, and laser scan surveys. Let us organise this for you.Discover more >
- Planning Applications and Pre-ApplicationsWe have considerable success with planning applications because we establish detailed design stories to present to planning authorities.Discover more >
- Building WarrantsEvery project needs a building warrant from the local authority, gained through submitting detailed technical drawings showing compliance with regulations.Discover more >
- Conservation PlansWe are skilled Conservation Architects, with considerable experience in sensitively preserving, upgrading, or extending significant historic buildings.Discover more >
- Passivhaus DesignThomas Robinson is a qualified and experienced Passivhaus architect, and has designed houses to this extremely energy-efficient model.Discover more >
- 3D Digital ModellingWe create 3-dimensional digital models of our projects to enable you to visualise the building more easily.Discover more >
- Construction, Design, and Management (CDM) - Principal DesignerWe offer the new and required service of Principal Designer, to comply with Construction Design and Management Regulations of 2015.Discover more >
- Project Management and BudgetThis service is to administer the building contract between you and your building team. This is usually part of the complete architectural service.Discover more >